Stacking the Decks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stacking the Decks

We actually made a Card-based RP WORK.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dueling rules?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Endarkened
New User
Endarkened

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:23 pm

1.Are we really allowed to summon more than one card a turn? What stops me from playing all my cards? ((Besides the quality of a good rp.)) But you catch my drift, just because I wont take the avantage, someone else might. Winning is everything to some people. Shouldnt there be a limit to how many cards you can play per post?
2. Do cards get stronger as we go? I think that woul be cool. Seeing as we soon will be getting more players ((rule of the internet. If it is awesome, they will come.)) and starting up a storyline, a certain level of power advancement would be nice, (if difficult to design.) Just an idea to through out.
3. I'll thik of more questions.
Back to top Go down
Dry Rain
Regular
Dry Rain

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:34 pm

Personally I think it would be foolish to play all your cards at once. I know I'm going to build a more defensive deck, so if someone where to use all their cards at once, I may have a few cards that, in combination, may block their cards from affecting me. That would then in turn leave them defenseless. If they want to waste all their cards in one move, I say let them.
Back to top Go down
Seven
Regular

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Suppose you use all your cards at once;
The opponent uses some sort of teleportation or other means of escape.
You are left with no recharged cards to defend attacks in the next 5 turns, and you've pretty much lost the duel.
Back to top Go down
Seven
Regular

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Endarkened wrote:

2. Do cards get stronger as we go? I think that woul be cool. Seeing as we soon will be getting more players ((rule of the internet. If it is awesome, they will come.)) and starting up a storyline, a certain level of power advancement would be nice, (if difficult to design.) Just an idea to through out.

I second this idea.
That would seem logical, and in a tent. (InTents)
Then again, RPs based on how long you've been there can be annoying, because then if you leave for a bit you'll get behind everyone else.
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Cards that get EXP? That's news to me. Neutral You don't HAVE to have only ONE deck, you can have more. That's how you get stronger in card-based stuff, is NEW cards and IMPROVING YOUR DECK. Otherwise it breaks the logic of all card-based things. If you've played TCG-based video games you'll know that's the "grinding" method.

Oh, and the multiple cards per turn is really a test of your courage and luck. It's a gamble, it could work but most likely you just lost and die. So 1-2 cards per round but only when needed.
Back to top Go down
http://keymaster.blog.com/
Rasher204
Regular

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:47 pm

than the guy I faught broke the rules, I see no problem in multipul cards at once, its stronger but you lose faster
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:54 pm

Exactly. Multiple cards is a nice way to do it, my "1-2 cards per turn" was a recommendation.

Right now we're at a testing phase to figure out more rules.
Back to top Go down
Seven
Regular

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:16 pm

A good strategical move if you want to corner someone would be playing more than one cards, but not like more than half your deck.
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:37 pm

After all, you only have 10 cards (cuz it's the only sane number to put in a character sheet.....)
Back to top Go down
Seven
Regular

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 7:39 pm

If you have less cards in your deck, can they be more powerfull?
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:11 pm

I'd say it's a decent limitation, but having more cards just helps a whole lot.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dueling rules? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dueling rules?   Dueling rules? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dueling rules?
Page 1 of 1