Stacking the Decks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stacking the Decks

We actually made a Card-based RP WORK.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just for the lulz.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Endarkened
New User
Endarkened

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 1:27 pm

The announcer strode into the arena, microphone clasped in hand. With a grin, he greeted the day's audience.
"Power! Every duelist has it! Their ten cards flashing, they strike their foes and aid their allies!" he bellowed. "Power beyond compare! But..."pausing dramatically, fist clenched level with his head as he slowly turned "Who has the best connection with their cards? Who can strike with overwhelming power to decimate their opponents? Introducing, the LifeGenX!"
A person, dressed in jeans and a black T-shirt, walked haltingly into the center of the arena.
"The LifeGenX is the most advanced in life mimicking robotry. Blood courses through veins, hearts beat, stomachs churn, but" and he walked over to open to strangers face, revealing a glowing dispaly of buttons and indicators. "It's a robot!"
With that, more of the robots, all identical, marched onto the stage. They lined up a good distance apart, and more can be seen waiting to enter the stage.
"Our fine duelists," the announcer waved at the gathered celebrities, shuffling their cards and glancing at each other. "Will have the opportunity to strike these robots. BUT ONLY ONCE! They may play as many cards as they wish, but only once, holding back the raw energy until it bursts to decimate the LifeGenX! The most glorious will be deemed todays winner!"

((Ok pretty much, this post is to show off that amazing combo thats impossible to use in a real duel because it takes too many posts to set up, and is too easily avoided or undone. You can use all your cards, but only each card once. Make it showy, we have to please the audience. All participants can vote on the best finale, excluing their own of course!! The LifeGenX robots are like real people, show pain and everything, can be hypnotozed, and have all the properties of a person (For example, they aren't attracted to magnets. No metal) but are really robots. Go wild on them, they dont care. Lastly, as I said before, Im not trying to see everyone secret strategys here. This is for the attacks thet are over the top, and cant be used in a real duel unless the opponent is completely imobbolized for like 10 posts. Razz ))

Last edited by Endarkened on Mon May 31, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Endarkened
New User
Endarkened

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Draze faced the LifeGenX robot, which stood staring at him with an emotionless stance. He fully appreciated the marvellous technology that had been put into it, and relished seeing it come apart. He decided to try something flashy.
"Storm Giant!" was what Draze decided to start with, and the unit billowed out onto the battlefield, cloudy torso twisting with lightning flicering over its body.
"Charge!" Draze continued, the card pumping power into the Storm Giant, benevolent green electricity mixing with it's white to strengthen it. It rose slowly into the air, relishing the additional power.
Draze decided to make it happier, and activated "Supercharge" on the unit. It floated up in electrical haze of ecstasy, exulting in the raw energy it contained.
"Static Cling!" served as the final touch, sending the giant rocketing into the sky in a multi-color blast of sparks.
It hung there, booming with thunder claps loudly, its version of happy laughing.
Below it, between the giant and the arena, dark clouds began to billow, crackling with lightning as Draze played "Heavens Blast!" The clouds wished to pour their power down onto the ground, glassing the sand in the arena, but Draze held the lightning in check with a mental shove. He then drew his last two cards, and played them one after the other.
"Overcharge" sent the giant a massive jolt of raw power, increasing its electrical potential 10 tens over. It now blazed like a ball of fire, and shockwaves emanated from it as the lightning flashed through the air around it. The giant was nearly unconscious from the happiness, and began to slowly drift downwards, towards the cloud bank below.
Draze needed more than that, as he aimed his last card skyward. With a howling cry of "Lightning Bolt" he sent the electrical blast upwards, arcing past the Storm giant/Sun, curving round, and slamming into the top of it. The ball of power was carried along by the current, and rapidly fell as it was shunted down by the last spell. Once it hit the clouds of Heavens Blast, Draze released his mental hold on them, and they in turn released their power onto the ground. However, instead of hitting all targets like they normally would, the storm giant/sun seemed to absorb the clouds charge like a sponge, and slammed it downwards onto a single point. The LifeGenX.
The resulting blast of lightning, using 7 of Draze's card, was monstrously huge. It struck the target, which vanished from view due to the blinding light. It was so thick, it covered the fake human completely as it hit. Those wearing shades, or who stared into the electrical inferno, saw a wondrous site. While a normal lightning bolt lasts but a moment, this blast lasted 30 seconds, pouring volt after volt through the robot and into the floor. It flashed rapidly through the visible spectrums, a testament to all the different colour electricities poured into it.
The last sparks died away, and Draze, who had been knocked back by the force of the bolt and its resulting explosion, got shakily to his feet. His giant was nowhere to be seen. Due to the Overload spell, it had exploded as it reached the cloud bank, fuelling the final strike.
The strike had evaporated the robot. There was nothing left. Where it stood was a circle of solid glass, the arena sand liquified and then rstructured by the power of the strike. It glowed with a myriad o colours.
"Rainbow Bolt" Draze said haltingly. "I give you....Rainbow Bolt."

Last edited by Endarkened on Mon May 31, 2010 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Endarkened
New User
Endarkened

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Guys, plz post here. S that we can have a "Who has the most awesome finisher." vote at the end!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Seven
Regular

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:01 pm

Dude, nearly everyone's character is almost not made yet, or already participating in the contest RP.
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 6:10 pm

[that dark blue hurts my eyes.....@~@]
Back to top Go down
http://keymaster.blog.com/
Endarkened
New User
Endarkened

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 10:21 pm

As the title suggests, this is just for teh lulz.
Its not 'canon' if you will. Its just a way to see everyone's rp styles and some really awesome attacks.
Try a new attack here, or wtv. But if no-one is interested, then Keymaster may delete this thread.
Green is ok right Keymaster?
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:56 am

[it's better. Oh, and Seven, when the title says "just for lulz" you can assume it's non-canon. All test threads are, too. But guys, don't think the entire site is one story for everyone to follow.....(I can't think of all of the plot by myself.....TT^TT)]
Back to top Go down
http://keymaster.blog.com/
Gael
New User
Gael

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:59 pm

((My finisher is not so elaborate as it is simple, efficient and deadly.))

Gael stared at the odd contraption he was supposed to destroy. He played the Forest, and then had all the branches wrap around the legs and arms of the machine, as he also played Bubbling Spring, the bubbles exploding and damaging the thing. Gael's next two cards were Punji Trap and Surprise! The fruits exploded just as the bamboo collided with it, filling it with needles and spears. Gael then played Fenrir, right next to the thing, and Fenrir's claws and jaws ferociously ripped it apart. As the pieces fell, Gael played Venus' Trap, and the plant swallowed the pieces, and leaving no trace.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Just for the lulz. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just for the lulz.   Just for the lulz. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just for the lulz.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stacking the Decks :: Get Ready to Rumble!-
Jump to: