Stacking the Decks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stacking the Decks

We actually made a Card-based RP WORK.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ryder\\\'s Deck

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
THEKIK
New User
THEKIK

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Ryder\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Name of Deck: Ryder's Deck

Cards:
______________________________________________________________________________________
Card Name: Stone Pillar

Card Class: Spell

Essence of the Card: Crates a trap zone, that when anything other that what already was there lands upon, instantly rises a stone pillar

Element: Earth/Stone

Effect Visualization: When the card is used, the card flies to the point the trap will be set, glowing orange, and upon reaching the point, the energy (glow) disperses in a large rectangle, showing where the trap was set, though this quickly fades. The card then returns to the user for cool-down. The pillar itsself is about 30 feet tall, and a perfect rectangle.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Card Name: Ice Bridge

Essence of the Card: Creates a bridge of ice over water or cliffs. Ice is not slippery, and is strong enough to ever drive on. lasts three posts.

Element: Sea

Effect Visualization: Card is thrown, flying the distance of one city block, making ice bridges wherever necessary.
Card Name: Rock Climb

Essence of the Card: Allows easy scaling of stone by both humanoids and vehicles, by making them able to 'stick' to stone surfaces

Element: Earth

Effect Visualization: The card glows with a brown aura, which spreads to a person and there vehicle.
Card Name: Air Soldier

Card Class: Unit

Essence of the Card: Summons a legless, winged, humanoid, carrying a small sword and shield, capable of flying at fairly high (about highway) speeds. It can't, however, take much of a hit.

Element: Wind

Effect Visualization: Card glows green and grows into the Air Soldier. When defeated, it glows green returns to card form, and returns to the user for cool-down.
Card Name: Air Guardian

Essence of the Card: Summons a legless, winged, humanoid carrying a large, aerodynamic shield, capable of flying at high (About highway) speeds. It's shield is quite strong, but it's body can't take a hit.

Effect Visualization: Card Glows green and Grows into the Air Guardian. When defeated, it glows green, returns to card form, and returns to the user for cool-down.
Card Name: Runner

Essence of the Card: Creates a metal humanoid capable of running at very high speeds (150mph). It's however, cannot take much of a hit, and has to rest for some time after sudden movement.

Effect Visualization: Card Glows Green and Grows into the Runner. When defeated, it glows green, returns to card form, and returns to user for cool-down.
Card Name: Wind-proof Blade

Card Class: Equipment

Essence of the Card: Creates a large, yet super-aerodynamic sword. Lasts for 5 posts.

Element: Earth (Specifically iron, since metal isn't an element)

Effect Visualization: Card glows grey and grows into Wind-Proof Blade. Glows grey and grows back into card form for cool-down when finished being used
Card Name: Magnetic Wristband

Essence of the Card: Creates a metal wristband that allows the user to manipulate metal objects. Lasts five posts.

Element: Earth (specifically iron, since neither metal or electricity are an element)

Effect Visualization: Card glows grey and grows into the Magnetic Wristband. Glows grey and grows back into card form when expired.
Card Name: Hyper Booster

Essence of the Card: Creates a small wind-powered engine that boosts the user's, or user's vehicle's, speed.

Effect Visualization: Card glows grey-green and grows into the Hyper Booster, which attaches itself to the user of there vehicle.
Card Name: Speed Land

Card Class: Location (technically)

Essence of the Card: Makes the ground start moving in treadmill fashion at 70 mph speeds, for six posts.

Element: Earth

Effect Visualization: Card glows brown and spreads aura to a large amount of ground, signifying which area of the ground will start moving. Covers about 2 acres.
User: Ryder Wodahs

Theme: [optional]

Last edited by THEKIK on Fri May 21, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:21 pm

Um....I said in the rules messing with physics in a no-no. "Temporarily stopping the flow of water" and "relieving target of friction" definitely don't meet the requirements. Stone Pillar's description I was confused while reading it, and an super aerodynamic sword lasting a whole fight.....ugh....Also, you only have to classify under the closest element, no specifics are needed. Iron is not an element, your sword is made of iron, it's fine; just put under Earth.

Sorry, but......ugh......
Back to top Go down
http://keymaster.blog.com/
THEKIK
New User
THEKIK

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:23 pm

I'll change it. THe water thing was just because he was going to be a delivery man. It was to avoid river hassle. As was stone pillar for jumping over obstacles.
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Okay fine....but a super-aerodynamic sword would be super fast and honestly making it last the whole fight.....it doesn't seem fair.
Back to top Go down
THEKIK
New User
THEKIK

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:28 pm

I changed it.
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Er....The Iron-specifics haven't been addressed, and now that I look it over once more. And the Water-thingy still messes with physics.....no offense but I'm getting a headache....TT^TT
Back to top Go down
THEKIK
New User
THEKIK

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:36 pm

It's basically a water equivalent of shadow rush. And since iron is a natural resource, and is magnetic, it's technically earth. I only put that other stuff in parenthesize to show how/why I put those in those categories.
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:44 pm

=_="""""" I specifically said in the rules and plenty of times in this topic that friction is a part of physics and the ability to ignore it is messing that up!

And dude, again, you don't have to explain. If one is able to read, write and can put 2 and 2 together they know Earth includes iron, seeing as Earth is stone, soil and minerals, the latter being the category iron fits in to. Seriously, you don't need to specify otherwise it just looks stupid!

Sorry to yell, but I feel like I'm being ignored.
Back to top Go down
Rasher204
Regular

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:49 pm

dude if phsics are not alowed to be messed with than how do ANY of the cards work? Mater can be neither created nor destroyed
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:57 pm

>_> I guess you're right.....it seems over-the-top, but I'm beaten by my own logic....oh well. I'll just take my mind off this somehow....
Back to top Go down
THEKIK
New User
THEKIK

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:59 pm

I already changed the two Keymaster has problems with and replaced them with alternatives that still work with Ryder's line of work.
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Oh. Thank you.

Sorry for the delay but the long-awaited Approval is given.
Back to top Go down
THEKIK
New User
THEKIK

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:15 pm

That means Ryder's on the way.
Back to top Go down
keymaster
Admin
keymaster

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ryder\\\'s Deck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryder\\\'s Deck   Ryder\\\'s Deck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ryder\\\'s Deck
Page 1 of 1